At Noosa Physio Centre, our Accredited Exercise Physiologists deliver exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the rehabilitation and prevention of:-
- chronic disease
- falls prevention
- post-acute musculo-skeletal exercise rehabilitation
- preventative health programs to optimise wellness.
- sports performance training
Noosa physio Centre’s Accredited Exercise Physiologists are Allied Health Practitioners with a minimum of 4 years University qualifications and are accredited with Exercise and Sports Science Australia ESSA and registered with Medicare, DVA, MAIC, WorkCover and private health insurers.
- Exercise Rehabilitation programs are based on current scientific research and best practice guidelines
- Holistic health approach with behavioural and lifestyle modification counselling.
- AEP’s work with your health practitioners and provide written communication to referring practitioners.
Suitable patient conditions can include:
- Type 2 diabetes
- cardiovascular disease
- pre diabetes
- musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- preventative health
- poor balance / falls risk
- cancer management
- chronic pain
- poor balance
- low muscle mass
- polycystic ovarian syndrome
- sedentary behaviours
- poor exercise compliance
- sports performance
Our Exercise Physiology Services
Rebates and Bulk Billing
- Private clients with or without referral – private health rebates – check with insurer
- Medicare Chronic Disease Management Program CDM (EPC) 5 individual visits per year – Bulk billed
- Medicare Group Type 2 Diabetes – initial assessment and 8 group visits per year – Bulk Billed
- WorkCover (GP referral and insurance agency approval required)
- MAIC (referral by GP)
- Veterans Affairs (GP letter referral form D904)
Individual Exercise prescription – based on your unique needs and medical condition.
Individual training – rehabilitation exercise and lifestyle counselling to maximise clinical goals.
Small group training – of up to 4 clients for up to 1 hour duration, functional strength or Clinical Pilates.
Fully equipped on site Gym – specific for maximal results based on current scientific functional training and overload principles.
Lift for Life® (link – www.liftforlife.com.au) – evidence-based resistance training program developed by the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute for adults with or at risk of developing chronic medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes or Osteoporosis. As this twice weekly program is uniquely supervised by our Exercise Physiologist, Maryanne Long, individually prescribed exercise rehabilitation is included and Medicare’s CDM and Group type 2 diabetes bulk biking applies.